Programming Reaching New Believers in Albania’s Largest Cities

It’s commonplace for modern-day Americans to see people walking down busy city streets, earbuds plugged in, perhaps taking them to another place through music, a podcast or a news broadcast. This is the case in big cities around the world, too. In fact, some of the content through those earbuds may be from The Tide®.

For example, Enea who lives in Tirana, the capital and most populous city of Albania, reported that she has been listening to Radio 7, The Tide ministry’s partner broadcast in Albania, since she was a child.

“I grew up spiritually because of the radio, and it is like a close friend to me,” Enea said. “I want to   thank you specifically for the program ‘Sipas Fjales.’ I listen carefully to Pastor H, and my understanding of the Word of God has increased. I learned a lot on his program on humility. Sometimes as Christians we have the wrong understanding of humility. I’m thankful to Pastor H who helped me to know the real humbleness of the heart as the Scripture teaches us.”

Likewise, Anisa, also from Tirana, is a young working mother and shared that she has had a hard time balancing her family duties and work responsibilities.

“I reached a point when I had no desire and no strength to continue,” she said. “Then I heard a really powerful message about joy on the radio from Pastor H. That message truly changed me. It made me see clearly and find joy on the little things of my life.”

Anxhi from Shkodër, another Albanian city, works at a call center in town and listens to “Sipas Fjales” every day on his lunch break. Eventually, his friends become curious about what he was listening to.

“I was so happy to share with them what I was listening to on the program,” Anxhi said. “The program is a great help to open up discussions and share about my Christian faith. I gave my life to Jesus five years ago. My faith journey was not easy because my parents were against my decision and it is a daily battle for me. Many times, I can’t go to church, though my heart aches for fellowship with other believers. So the radio program for me is a special time. It gives me that sense of fellowship I’m missing. At the same time, it helps me share my faith with my friends; after work, we talk about the preaching we hear.”

Read more about what we’re doing in Albania.

The post Programming Reaching New Believers in Albania’s Largest Cities appeared first on The Tide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter on Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe’s Pastors Share Hope of Christ Amid COVID-19 Restrictions

Seekers Conferences and Baptisims in India bring many to Christ